Wednesday, January 8, 2014

INSANITY week #1 DONE !

Hey loves! So yeah, I am still here, I am alive, I survived the first week of the INSANITY program. Oh my gosh, you guys don't even realize how hard it was. Up until last week I really believed that my fitness level was pretty high, I always worked out on a regular basis, I did pilates, HIIT, sometimes Yoga, Strenght training and all sorts of stuff, but let me tell you... THIS KILLED ME.


Initial thoughts before day 1:

Of course I did a little bit of research before starting the program and I saw very impressive transformations and some clips of the workouts, so I expected it to be hard. However, I was pretty sure that I will be able to keep up with the trainer somehow, I mean I knew I had some good endurance to hard workouts and I thought that if heavier people than myself did this, for me it wouldn't be such a hustle... Oh, how wrong I was...

After the first workout:

So in the first day you must do a "Fit test" in order to track your progress until you finish the program. You do this test every 2 weeks (I think). Of what I remember, it was a 30 min video so I was like " Whoaaa, this will be way too easy" because I was used even to 60 min workouts vids. Let me tell you... JUST the warm up is an entire workout. After those 10 f*cking "warm up" mins I was sweating like HELL and I wanted to stop. It was so darn hard for an warm up... Luckily, after this you do a couple of minutes stretches to lenghten your muscles. They feel awesome but you still sweat like crazy. Okay so after this horrible start, the "Fit test" started. It was very hard. I had to stop a few times and of course, at the end, I was red like a tomato, drenched in sweat and wanting to just die. For one moment I thought I will never get through this week.

During the entire week:

After I was finishing every day's workout I felt super tired and my muscles hurt, but I couldn't wait for the next day so I could torture myself again. I like the fact that you don't do the same workout everyday at this point and this keeps things interesting. I also love the fact that the hard workouts keep me motivated enough to stop eating crap or just too much food. I mean, after all the hard work, the sweat, the pain and everything, eating a slice of cake is the last thing I want to do. Oh and by far, the most horrible workout I have ever done is the "Pure Cardio" one. Officially, Cardio is my No.1 enemy :))).



So far, this was my experience. I loved it and I still do. I will finish this, I am 100% sure because it has been only one week and I already see results, which means shading off the holiday weight. Imagine only if I would've been eating like a cow during Christmas and New Year's Eve. 
In conclusion, so far, so good. I will write again about this next week to let you guys know about my new experiences. If you have any questions, feel free to post them below. Kisses ♥.

No comments: